Who is eligible to apply?
Catalyst Housing will give priority to:
- People who live or work in the same borough or local authority area of the development.
- People who have a local connection (for example, close family ties in the area).
- Social tenants (people living in housing provided by the council or by a housing association).
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) employees.
- First time buyers.
If you do not fit into one of these priority groups, you can still apply.
Am I eligible?
- When purchasing a property with 3 bedrooms or more in London, a household income cap of £80,000 applies. The income cap for purcahsing a property with less than 3 bedrooms is £66,000.
- When purhasing a property outside of London, the income cap is £60,000.
- You (or any joint applicant) must not already own a home or be on the deeds of another property. However, there are certain circumstances where this may be flexible.
- You must not have been in any rent arrears during the past 12 months (because of standard mortgage checks it is unlikely that people with a low credit rating will be able to obtain finance).
Please note that the share percentage of the property you can own is linked to your income and is subject to a financial check from an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA).